Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sage-ing....while age-ing

Strong women. You have to admire them whether you agree with them or not. Shirley MacLaine is one of those women.

I can remember the late 1960s when Shirley starred in her television series Shirley's World. The short lived television series made me aware of her as an actress and I subsequently watched movies like The Apartment and The Yellow Rolls Royce when I was still quite young.

I have always liked her so I admit I am biased. Then, when I heard she wrote a book involving reincarnation, I was ready to read.

Over the past 30 years, Shirley has written many books. She covers topics about which everyone should educate themselves. She is bold and, as her most famous book says, she is not afraid to go out on a limb.

Whether you see eye to eye with Shirley on reincarnation, extra-terrestrials, Hollywood or not, her wisdom and experience offer a perspective all women need to consider. As a successful and beautiful person, Shirley continues to mentor all of us. And, who among us could not borrow some great ideas and counsel from a fabulously successful woman? Welcome to Shirley's World.

1 comment:

Ashley Bartkowski said...

I really like what you wrote. I am going to have to read that book soon! I am excited.